CHOICES, Inc. will award individual scholarships up to $3,000* for tuition, fees, living expenses to full time undergraduate students enrolled in a technical school, college or university for the 2022-23 academic year. The purpose of the scholarship is to offer financial support to college-bound foster youth. Scholarship funds can be used to help eliminate education related expenses foster youth face in obtaining a post secondary education. The expenses include:
- Rent/Housing expenses
- Transportation costs/maintenance and support
- Childcare Expenses
- Moving expenses
- General school supplies
- Other* (approved by CHOICES advisory committee)
*amount is subject to change based on donations accrued until the application deadline
Scholarship applicants must meet the following qualifications for consideration:
- Applicants must have received case management from CHOICES foster care or independent living after January 2015 for a minimum of 3 months.
- Applicants must be graduating high school seniors, have obtained a GED or high school diploma and be starting or currently attending a technical school, college or university in pursuit of a certificate, associates or bachelor’s degree.
- All completed applications must be received by June 23, 2022 at 11:59 pm to be considered. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Completed applications and essays can be turned into any CHOICES caseworker, faxed to (937) 264-0095, emailed to email@example.com or mailed to CHOICES, Inc. 1785 Big Hill Rd. Dayton, OH 45439.
All information given on this application is confidential and will only be reviewed by the scholarship committee. Consideration of an application is not a guarantee for approval.
The CHOICES Advisory Committee will judge each application based on content, expression and overall impact. The scholarship recipients will be notified by August 5, 2022.